Fostering a rabbit is a rewarding experience that you’ll never forget. Help NMHRS save lives by opening your home to a rabbit in need. Read below for more details and email Kirstin@newmexicohrs.org to get started.
What NMHRS Provides:
- 100% of vet care costs
- An x-pen for housing
- Initial supply of pellets
- Litter box
- Advice and support
What the Fosterer Provides:
- Love and care for the rabbit(s)
- Transportation to/from vet appointments (if applicable) and adopter meet & greets
- Necessary at-home medical care (ex: pain meds after a spay)
- Pellets, hay, and daily salad
HOW LONG DO I NEED TO FOSTER? We’d like for you to foster until your rabbit is adopted, which could be a few months or longer depending on whether the rabbit is immediately adoptable or if she/he needs time to grow bigger with you.
WHAT IF I HAVE TO GO OUT OF TOWN? Another volunteer will bunsit the foster while you are away.
WHAT IF THE FOSTER GETS SICK? Just let us know and we will work with you to get a vet appointment. We pay for all medical costs so this will not cost you anything.