- providing volunteers to help care for shelter rabbits
- providing educational materials for rabbit adopters
- taking in shelter rabbits when we have space in our foster program
- providing training to shelter staff on rabbit care and adoptions
- helping to publicize shelter rabbits in the ABQ/SF area and holding joint adoption events
- pet “outreach” events, such as the annual Santa Fe Shelter-sponsored Critter Camp, to educate kids about proper rabbit care
New Mexico House Rabbit Society also assists the public by providing information on proper house rabbit care, diet and housing; teaching bunny care classes; giving recommendations for local rabbit-savvy veterinarians; and providing boarding and nail trimming services to our members’ rabbits.
If you’d like to get involved with our local shelters, following are the NMHRS coordinators who oversee our efforts there.
- Albuquerque Shelter Volunteer Coordinator – Ned Nevera
- Rio Rancho Shelter Volunteer Coordinator – Victoria Perez
- Santa Fe Shelter Volunteer Coordinator – Iris Klimczuk
- Kirstin Tyler – President
- Erin Frostic – Secretary
- Laura Allen – Treasurer
- Ned Nevera – Vice President
- Liz Sharp – Director