New Mexico House Rabbit Society volunteers assist New Mexico animal shelters, especially Albuquerque Animal Care and Santa Fe Animal Shelter & Humane Society, with their rabbit program by:
- providing volunteers to help care for shelter rabbits
- providing educational materials for rabbit adopters
- taking in shelter rabbits when we have space in our foster program
- providing training to shelter staff on rabbit care and adoptions
- helping to publicize shelter rabbits in the ABQ/SF area and holding joint adoption events
- pet “outreach” events, such as the annual Santa Fe Shelter-sponsored Critter Camp, to educate kids about proper rabbit care
New Mexico House Rabbit Society also assists the public by providing information on proper house rabbit care, diet and housing; teaching bunny care classes; giving recommendations for local rabbit-savvy veterinarians; and providing boarding and nail trimming services to our members’ rabbits.